Site Pastor (Connors Hills) – Central Baptist
Site: Connors Hill (CH)
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Status: Full-time Salaried Position
Job Vision: The site pastor is the key pastor responsible to know, love, serve, shepherd and grow the congregation at CH, along with leading the overall ministry and outreach efforts of the site. This person must be actively growing in love for God, love for other believers and unbelievers, and have the gifting and passion to lead others with humility and servant-hearted confidence.
Requirements and Qualifications
Key Areas of Leadership
Vision and Leadership: To work together with the multi-site staff team and other church leaders to clarify and follow the calling God has for Central, and CH in particular. To be the primary leader in shepherding the CH congregation to follow Jesus together — growing in worship, deepening in community, and moving on mission. To have a healthy sense of “ownership” of every piece of ministry for CH, from the big picture to the smallest detail, and to pursue growth and excellence across the board.
Staff and Facility: To effectively oversee all ministry staff at CH. To lead the CH ministry staff team in shepherding the congregation, ministering effectively in their individual roles, and working together to identify, equip, organize, motivate, and encourage other leaders for ministry and outreach across the life of CH. To provide vision and leadership for CH facility usage and development together with the facility manager and CH Facility Team.
Being a Pastor: To pray for and minister to individuals and households at CH. To provide as necessary pastoral care, including counselling, visitation, conflict resolution, and general encouragement. To be available for weddings, funerals, child dedications, baptisms, and other formal pastoral responsibilities. To be a true pastor by being available and sharing life in real ways, as well as identifying and organizing others who share in this role. To grow a culture of care and prayer.
Worship Services and Teaching: To be involved with the staff team in the planning and facilitation of worship services and to be the primary host for worship services at CH. To be gifted and eager to teach regularly on Sundays as scheduled by the lead pastor, as well as in other teaching contexts.
Welcoming and Discipleship: To work as a part of the staff Lead Team to improve and lead discipleship strategy for Central overall and to implement these strategies at CH. To be the first point of contact for those who are new to CH.
Mission: To care about the neighbourhoods surrounding the CH site and be actively involved in what God is doing beyond our church. To deliberately and strategically seek to reach new people for Jesus and work for justice, and to lead others to do the same.
Multi-site Collaboration: To find joy in working together with the multi-site staff team on whole-church directives, while leading confidently and contextually at CH within the broader direction of Central. To be a positive voice and a unifying leader in the whole-church context.
Other Expectations & Qualifications
- To have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To be aligned with and actively supportive of Central’s heart, mission and priorities.
- To pursue relationships or group involvement for personal accountability.
- To participate in an engaged and humble way in various weekly staff meetings.
- To meet on a regular basis with the lead pastor for review, vision, and encouragement.
- To be loyal, faithful, honest, teachable, humble, approachable, self-motivated, flexible, and dependable.
- To affirm Central’s Statement of Beliefs and to become a member of Central when joining staff.
- To have the qualities of a Christian elder/pastor as described in 1 Timothy 3.
- To be a gifted leader with the ability and passion to love, care for, and disciple others.
- To be a highly organized initiator and decision-maker.
- To be a team player and have the ability to work well in a multi-staff setting.
- To hold a bachelors degree (minimum), masters preferred.
- To have extensive and active pastoral experience in a church or other Christian ministries.
With questions or to apply (cover letter and resume), please contact Jon Putz (Executive Pastor) at firstname.lastname@example.org.