Regional Minister- The Upper Mississippi Region
|The Upper Mississippi Region (UMR) is made up of NAB churches in Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
The Regional Minister will serve as a catalyst and resource for carrying out the UMR vision: “A regional partnership of NAB churches committed to loving one another for the sake of the world’s redemption.”
Major Areas of Ministry Responsibility:
Vision Casting and Communication
• Enhance the awareness of the UMR’s vision and ministry with pastors and congregations.
• Give leadership to the RLT and other appointed regional teams in setting goals and strategies for ministry.
• Communicate vision, goals, opportunities and needs to pastors, teams and congregations in the region. Be able to visit congregations on Sunday’s.
Doctrinal and Missional Accountability
• Provide resources and support for pastoral credentialing, i.e. ordination and licensure.
• Encourage awareness and adherence to the NAB Statement of Beliefs and the Pastoral Code of Ethics.
• Facilitate a strong connection between UMR ministries and the NAB Conference through:
• Commit to incorporating the Four End Goals and values of the NAB into the UMR (pages 3-4).
• Provide opportunities for conference wide initiatives (i.e. Blue Ocean, Ethos Retreats, etc.).
Encouragement and Support
• Practice and nurture prayer support for UMR pastors, their families and churches.
• Develop relationships with the UMR pastors, strengthening them in their call and leadership of the local church.
• Facilitate state Pastor Clusters providing updates in ministry and soul care for pastors.
• Initiate contact and support for churches in transition.
• Assist in pastoral placement for churches and pastors.
• Provide appropriate resources and support for congregational conflict resolution.
• Be open to preach occasionally when invited by UMR churches as schedule permits.
Direction and Equipping
• Provide resources to the local church and pastors to enhance church and leadership health and development.
• Facilitate church assessments as requested by local churches.
• Provide pastoral coaching where desired.
• Inform and encourage involvement in the ministry initiatives of the NAB Conference.
Cooperative Ministries/Church Planting
• Participate fully, relate actively with the NAB Regional Ministers and the NAB Executive Team.
• Encourage, identify, and support potential church planting efforts in the UMR.
• Actively support the ministry of the Village Creek Bible Camp through prayer, presence and involvement. Serve on VCBC Board.
• Encourage international missions and ministries of the NAB.
• Connect with the Central Baptist Village, Norridge, IL.
• Support new opportunities in the region for moving the mission of God forward together.
Directly accountable to the Regional Leadership Team (RLT) through monthly written reports and annual ministry reports and semi-annual reviews.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Fulfill the biblical qualifications for Elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9).
• Be a member in good standing of a UMR NAB church, or willing to become a member.
• Ordained with the NAB conference or a theologically similar group, willing to pursue recognition of your credentials with the NAB.
• Completion of Master of Divinity or equivalent.
• Pastoral experience is required (NAB pastoral experience a plus).
• Growing in the Word and prayer.
• Effective oral and written communicator.
• Able to recruit and build teams.
• Experience in disciple-making and leadership development.
• Good planner and well-organized.
• Willing to travel 9-12 days per month and willing to preach in UMR NAB churches.
• Technologically literate (desktop publishing, social media, etc.).
• Willingness to pursue additional training as needed.
• Be open and flexible in embracing change in the next 3 to 5 years, as the needs change for regional ministry within the NAB throughout the US and Canada, along with the direction and vision of the Executive Director and International Office.
Total Pay Package: $80,000 – $90,000
(Not including travel expense)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a current Resume along with a cover letter and email it to email@example.com before Jan. 10, 2022. Please address this to the UMR Search Team.