Worship Pastor – Pittsford Community Church
Pittsford Community Church is searching for a talented Worship Director to lead in a growing church in western New York. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight to all functions and teams relating to discipling people during worship services, Sunday morning and throughout the week.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Lead the congregation in the growth and love of authentic, biblical, and artful worship in a way that glorifies God and increases our enjoyment of his presence.
- Disciple the congregation to worship in spirit and truth in a way that readies the hearts of believers and unbelievers for encounter with God.
- Develop and lead weekly services in counsel with the lead pastor, including song selection, audio/visual support, congregational prayer, volunteer coordination, and any additional direction.
- Train up lay leaders to lead in worship and in audio/visual arts, as well as developing instrumentalists, vocalists, audio visual techs.
- Oversee the use of production arts and technology in a way that tastefully supports the worship, artists, and preaching ministry.
- Apprentice and assimilate new team members and shepherd the different teams.
- Cast vision and teaching about the importance of worshipping God.
- Teach as needed.
- Oversee the development of creative arts projects that enhance storytelling and impact of the worship services.
- Equip and expand the volunteer base, and coordinate volunteers.
- Develop an annual budget for the worship ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree with music and biblical study.
- Minimum of one year of leading worship teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop teams.
- Ability to lead instrumentalists, vocalists, and audio/visual teams.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
- Strong ability to lead people.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- A commitment to the mission of the church.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1–13; 2 Timothy 2; Titus 1:5–9).
- Experience with planning worship services.
- Ability to lead in multiple musical styles.
- Experience with creative arts as part of worship.
421 Marsh Road Pittsford, New York 14534 United States
Date Posted: April 10, 2023
Job Type: Full Time
Church Website: https://pittsfordcc.orgView Full Job Description » email@example.com