Youth Pastor / Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries – Calvary Baptist Church
CBC Church Profile
- The Well — Wednesday evening youth group for Junior High and High School students; held at the Stafford Annex building in Stafford
- Junior High and High School Sunday School
- Scholarships to Summer Camp
- Summer Camp
- Participate in See You at the Pole
- Sponsor a Compassion International child
- Concerts and special events as a group
- Youth Sunday – youth conduct worship service and high school seniors usually give their testimonies
- Hamburger Fry and Softball Game Night (freewill donation to Youth)
- Sunday School for age 2 through 5th grade
- Nursery care for newborn through age 3 during both Sunday School and worship service
- Arrows children’s ministry for age 3 through 5th grade during worship service on Sundays
- Kidzone children’s ministry for age 3 through 5th grade Wednesday evenings during the school year
- Vacation Bible School in summer for age 4 through 6th grade
- Bible camp scholarships
- Bible Camp in summer at Westminster Woods Camp in Fall River, Kansas, with our NAB Southwestern Association of Churches
- Monthly breakfast – program and fellowship
- Weekly Bible studies / prayer
- Bridal showers
- Birthday party at the rest home
- Send care packages to military and college students
- Serve funeral dinners
- Give to local and denomination missions
- Kansas and Missouri Women’s Retreats
- Meals for CORE (poverty education/support group)
- Sunday morning worship with praise team
- Communion on first Sunday
- Reception for graduates, Mother’s Day, and Father’s Day
- Participate with Stafford Ministerial Alliance
- Contribute to support for missionaries and contribute to various mission projects
- Various church social events
- Christmas Eve program
- Give aid where needed in our community and world
- Rest home services – several times a year
- Operation Christmas Child boxes and Kansans for Life baby bottle campaign
- The Church Board consists of pastoral staff, moderator, clerk, all deacons, all trustees, treasurer, Board of Christian Education Chairman or representative, and president of Women’s Ministries. The Church Board meets monthly.
- Six deacons are elected and serve as spiritual leaders.
- Three trustees are elected and keep building and grounds in good order and oversee staff, such as secretary and janitor.
- Other elected officers are: Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, Clerk, and Ushers.
- Board of Christian Education members are elected and oversee Sunday School teachers and curriculum for all ages; Nursery care schedule; Arrows and Kidzone children’s ministries; Vacation Bible School; youth camps; church events, such as Sunday School promotion, Sunday School picnic, Christmas Eve program, and Christmas decorations.
- Church Board hears recommendations from each committee/board and makes final decision.
- A Nominating Committee comprised of church members seeks candidates to run for the various offices and appoints non-elected committees.
- Committees appointed by the Nominating Committee: the Social Committee, Finance Committee, Music Committee, and Flower Committee all function in their area of responsibility.
- The annual church business meeting is held in January. Other business meetings are scheduled as needed throughout the year.
Requirements and Qualifications
Full-time position: Youth Pastor / Associate Pastor of Youth Ministry
Calvary Baptist Church is in a rural setting serving the communities of Stafford, St. John, and Hudson in Kansas. We are a member of the Great Plains Region of the North American Baptist Conference of Churches. We have active youth groups, Grade 6 through Grade 12, on Wednesday evenings.
- Speaking – one-on-one and in groups to connect, counsel, teach, and preach.
- Writing – lesson plans, reports, mission, and camp plans for youth and parents.
- Able to listen – teachable.
- Proper use of phone and social media.
- Leadership / team builder.
- Creative planning – activities, summer camps, mission trips, concerts, etc.
- Focus – develop effective ways to reach youth for Christ.
- Coordinate work under the direction of the Senior Pastor and Deacon Board.
- Will serve as a member of the CBC Education Committee.
- Office space is provided. Some designated office hours required weekly.
- Skills preferred, not required:
- Experience in youth ministry.
- Strong emphasis on youth outreach – involvement in community activities.
- Plan and lead worship music ministry.
- Computer technology.
- Seminary degree or working on it.
If interested, please send resume to the attention of:
Garry W. Baker, Chairman, Search Committee
121 West Crawford Street.
Stafford, Kansas 67578-1507