Youth Pastor – Christ Community Baptist Church
This part-time position (20–25 hours a week) is responsible for leading a growing youth ministry, providing Christ-centered, enthusiastic leadership to recruit, support, and maintain participation of the youth. The youth pastor will collaborate with the family pastor and ministry teams and provide leadership to recruit, train, and support volunteers. The youth pastor reports to the family pastor.
The youth pastor will lead youth discipleship efforts through the creation and support of Christ-centered, growth-oriented ministries. Programs, ministry volunteers, and the total people involved should grow as the church grows.
- Develop a relationship with youth to encourage a deeper relationship with Christ. This includes group interactions, connection on social media, one-on-one and informal get togethers, and attending youth activities outside of church.
- Encourage and equip the youth to be leaders at CCBC, as well as the community, guiding them and praying for how God has gifted each one.
- Recruit, coordinate, equip, and support adult volunteers to sponsor activities. When appropriate, partner with other Christian groups.
- Meet with Youth Ministry Team at least quarterly to plan upcoming events.
- Communicate effectively with members of the youth group and their parents through a variety of methods, such as phone, email, bulletins, website, social media, etc.
- Encourage and shepherd youth to participate in appropriate missions. Lead and direct a mission trip and a retreat each year.
- Maintain a relationship with CCBC families.
- Attend staff meeting and one-on-ones with the family pastor to coordinate youth ministry with the entire church calendar.
- Work within designated church budget and monitor expenses.
- Attend quarterly business meetings and give a youth report.
- All other tasks deemed appropriate by the family pastor.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Personal life must reflect a high ethical, Christian standard, including but not limited to social media sites, informal gatherings outside of church, and interpersonal relationships
- A grounded Christ-follower with a deep personal relationship with Jesus
- A passion and vision for youth and their families to grow in faith together
- Strong interpersonal skills with youth and adults; exceptional listener and communicator
- A self-starter who can manage the creation, planning, and implementation of youth ministries
- A team player who is supportive of all ministries of the church
- In agreement with the North American Baptist Statement of Beliefs
Education and Experience
- College graduate or equivalent (Bible or ministry-related field preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with youth and leading Christian ministries or small groups
To apply send resume to:
Pastor P.J. Tangedahl (firstname.lastname@example.org
Christ Community Baptist Church
Attn. Pastor P.J. Tangedahl
8016 176th St E
Puyallup, WA 98375