Congregational Care Associate – Zion Baptist Community Church
Zion Baptist Community Church exists to honour God in obedience to His Word by building a worshipping, nurturing, ministering community that reveals the love and hope of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in every community that He’s placed us. We are pursuing a vision of becoming a church that fosters intergenerational unity as we help those at every stage of discipleship to grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. The congregational care associate will partner with the pastors, staff, and Ministry Council of Zion Baptist Community Church to provide meaningful care, marked by personal discipleship, for congregants.
- Work with other leaders to provide personal spiritual care to individuals and families in the congregation, with a particular focus on visitation of senior members, especially as needs arise.
- Chair a Care Team, which may include the senior pastor and representatives from various ministries, including Member Care, Children, Youth, Seniors, etc., to understand needs, steward resources, and coordinate together.
- Participate in other ministry opportunities (e.g. funerals, classes, etc.) in cooperation with ministry leaders as needed and when deemed reasonable in consultation with supervisor.
- Participate in other gatherings of NAB ministry leaders, especially as it pertains to their ministry focus, as it is deemed reasonable in consultation with supervisor.
- Attend annual meetings of the Alberta Baptist Association and the North American Baptist Triennial conferences as it is deemed reasonable in consultation with supervisor.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings of church (office) staff.
- Attend worship gatherings and participate as necessary.
- Attend conferences/programs relevant to position. Continuing education is encouraged.
Requirements and Qualifications
- In general, those listed in the Scripture concerning deacons (e.g., 1 Timothy 3:8–13), characterizing a vibrant life with Christ.
- Able and willing to affirm Zion Baptist Community Church’s Statement of Beliefs and Membership Covenant.
- Bible/Theological certificate or degree is an asset.
- Has relevant experience in a church or other Christian ministries.
Meet regularly with the senior pastor, to whom they are directly responsible, to discuss ministry status, as well as personal spiritual health. Report to the Ministry Council as requested.
Terms of Employment:
Part-time salaried position (0.6 = average of 24 hours per week), paid commensurate with experience