Lead Pastor – First Baptist Church of Minitonas
Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus!
First Baptist Church is a thriving Christian congregation situated in the town of Minitonas, Manitoba. It has an average attendance of 90–100 people. The ratio of adults, seniors, young people, and children generally reflects that of our community.
We lay emphasis on Bible-centered preaching and teaching. Our young people are involved in Christian growth, mainly locally but in the past also abroad. There is spiritually based teaching and activity for our children. Our adults participate in leadership, community service, and a range of church ministries. Our motto is, “To know Christ and to make him known.”
The prayer of our congregation is to connect with the man that God has called to serve with us. We are confident to suggest the possibility that you may be that man.
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church. You would serve under him in consultation with the Deacons and the Board of our church family.
There are ministry gifts that we are hoping you would bring with you. Of first importance is the spirit of being a Pastor Shepherd. As well, an extension of that ministry would involve guidance for us as leaders, to come along side us encouraging us as we lead the ministries of the church. In short, we would appreciate your experience and leadership in the day-by-day affairs of our church family.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Serving as chief shepherd, overseeing the spiritual welfare, growth, and ministry life of the church
- Preaching and teaching
- Equipping the church for ministry
- Overseeing the ministries of the church for carrying out God’s purpose and mission of the church
Roles and Responsibilities
The lead pastor is accountable to God through prayer and leading by the Holy Spirit, looking to Jesus Christ as Head of the church. Priorities of pastoral ministry that are important to us are:
- Christ-centered corporate worship
- Pastoral care
- Leadership development
- Spiritual growth and discipleship
- Community-focused ministries
- A testimony to salvation through faith in Jesus Christ alone
- A call to pastoral ministry
- A love for and knowledge of the scriptures
- A Christian lifestyle that demonstrates spiritual commitment based on the Bible and empowerment by the Holy Spirit
- An agreement with the statement of faith of First Baptist Minitonas
Education and Experience
- Preferred – Master of Divinity
- Minimum of five years of ministry experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Résumés can be submitted to the First Baptist Church of Minitonas Board, in care of Interim Pastor Mel Konkel at email@example.com or at Box 278, Minitonas, Manitoba, R0L 1G0. You can also email Church Moderator Carson McKay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit us at www.fbcminitonas.ca.
Your start date can be as soon as June 1, 2020.