Click below to register!
Join us in the beautiful river valley of Edmonton, Alberta, July 26–29 for Triennial 2018.
The theme of the 2018 Triennial is Shaped for Mission. Together we will explore and discover how God’s Spirit is shaping His church to join His mission in this world.
Shaw Conference Centre will host the NAB family as we gather together for Triennial 2018. Located in the heart of Edmonton, Shaw Centre is within walking distance of a portion of the River Valley Park System, one of the largest urban park systems in Canada. It is also within easy reach of much of downtown Edmonton. Join us in July as NAB churches, missionaries, and partnering organizations gather to celebrate, reconnect, and attune our hearts as one to follow where God is leading us. Come to Edmonton for Triennial 2018 to be Shaped.
Church Resources –
Registration is currently open! To help you better plan and budget to join us for Triennial 2018, you can find the registration information and cost here: Triennial Registration Costs. For full event information, check out the Triennial Registration Brochure.
Hotel & Lodging –
When you choose to stay at Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Edmonton or The Westin Edmonton for Triennial 2018, you will receive a significantly discounted room rate. Registering at these host hotels ensures that the NAB can keep other Triennial costs down. More importantly, staying at one of these hotels will provide a better NAB family experience for Triennial 2018. Hotel information can be found here: Triennial Conference Hotels.
Parking and Transportation –
There are many options for parking lots in the areas surrounding Shaw Conference Centre and the Triennial hotels. There are also public transportation options if you choose not to drive or rent a car. Once you are at Triennial, we will provide transportation to the various events if it is required. Click here for all options.
Pastor Scholarship –
Church Investor’s Fund (CIF) is graciously offering 2018 Triennial scholarships for pastors. Every church with a current relationship with CIF is welcome to apply for a scholarship covering the cost of Early Bird registration for one pastor ($269 USD and $309 CAD). Complete CIF’s application online form here. If awarded, CIF will provide a scholarship code to use when registering.
We are calling together participants of Blue Ocean and Ethos for this second Bonfire experience. For information, please contact Lisa Schmidt at (916) 797-6222, ext. 237, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Missionaries –
A number of NAB missionaries from nearly every NAB mission field will join us at Triennial 2018 to celebrate the work God is doing around the world.
Church Delegates –
The NAB business sessions allow official delegates to have a voice in the direction of the ministries of the conference. Churches are encouraged to send delegates, who will vote on major leadership appointments and governing issues. Click here for delegate details. For questions, contact Kathy Miles: email@example.com or (916) 797-6222, ext. 242.
Things to Do in Edmonton –
- Muttart Conservatory, Edmonton’s premier horticultural attraction, is located directly across the North Saskatchewan River from the Shaw.
- Gather a group and take part in Escape Entertainment, one of many escape rooms within a ten-minute walk.
- One of Canada’s leading natural history museums, The Royal Alberta Museum, is only 3 mi/5 km to the west of the Shaw.
- West Edmonton Mall is home to more than eight hundred stores, restaurants, and attractions, include an indoor ice rink, a water park, bowling, an underground aquarium, and black-light mini golf. Save money on attractions by purchasing group passes for groups of fifteen people or more. Contact the West Edmonton Mall here to order your group passes.
- Visit Fort Edmonton Park to interact with historical interpreters in costumes from different eras.
- Stroll, ride a bike, or drive a Segway through River Valley, the largest urban park system in Canada at over 18,000 acres.
- The Art Gallery of Alberta, itself a work of art, is home to nearly 6,000 pieces of art.
- The beautiful mountain town of Jasper, Alberta, is located only four hours west of Edmonton and is a perfect location for outdoor activities.
TripAdvisor has a list of over 150 various things to do and places to see in Edmonton. You can view that list here.