Lead Pastor – Riverview Baptist Church
Riverview Baptist Church mission:
To bring people to faith in Christ;
to bring Christians to maturity in Christ;
to worship and live to bring praise to Christ;
to support, locally and globally, the work of Christ.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Meet the qualifications for an Elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:6–9.
- Endorse the Riverview Baptist Church Statement of Faith and Membership Covenant.
- Hold a Master of Divinity degree or its equivalent from a reputable seminary.
- Be an ordained Baptist minister or be willing to pursue ordination upon employment.
- Have previous experience that indicates broad skills and abilities for effective ministry.
- Demonstrate Godly example of an upright, dignified life on a walk toward Christlikeness.
Responsibilities – Preaching and teaching the Word of God
- Effectively communicate God’s Word through clear and relevant expository preaching on a weekly basis during Sunday morning worship service.
- Teach as necessary, desired, or appropriate during Sunday School classes, seminars, Community Groups, and other.
- Preach and teach in venues outside the church when requested and feasible — nursing homes, jail ministry, homeschool, and Village Creek Bible Camp as examples.
- Preach at and officiate wedding and funeral services.
- Intentionally work to develop other Elders in areas of preaching and teaching.
Responsibilities – Spiritual oversight to protect the church from doctrinal error
- Teach Bible doctrine at every appropriate opportunity.
- Lead the congregation toward a common, long-term goal of godliness.
- Train and equip others in the congregation for effective ministry and leadership.
Responsibilities – Pastoral care and counseling in conjunction with Elders
- Contact and pray for the people of the congregation on an individual, regular, and ongoing basis.
- Visit homebound and convalescing members of the congregation as appropriate.
- Bring the Word of God to bear on the individual lives of the congregation through counseling in pursuit of godliness.
- Work to bring Christians to maturity in Christ—shepherding and discipleship.
Responsibilities – Administration
- Conduct weekly staff meetings.
- Broadly counsel and supervise staff work.
- Administrate the preaching schedule in conjunction with Elders.
- Report monthly to Elders.
- Participate in planning and scheduling ministry events throughout the year.
- Assist the Elders in vision-casting and strategic planning for church ministries.
- Delegate tasks to staff, Elders, and Deacons as necessary or appropriate.
- Represent the church at Association, Region, and Conference sessions and meetings.
- Represent the church to the community in whatever ways are appropriate and feasible.
The senior/lead pastor shall exemplify Godly leadership in the spiritual ministry and service of Riverview Baptist Church; shall serve as the primary preaching and teaching Elder; and shall take significant leadership in administering the ministry of the church in partnership with the Elders and Deacons.
Total compensation package will be commensurate with education and experience.
Applicants should submit résumé by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information may be requested as needed at a later time.