Pastor – McClusky Baptist Church
We are a rural church seeking a pastor with a heart for rural ministry. We have attendance ranging from 15 to 20 people and are located 60 miles northeast of Bismarck, North Dakota. Our children’s ministry is vibrant on Wednesday nights and attracts almost all the students in grades 1–6 in the community.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Preach and teach God’s Word faithfully.
- Perform the usual pastoral duties, i.e. preach biblically based sermons, conduct weddings and funerals, aid other ministries in the church, etc.
- Provide pastoral care for the congregation, including visitation under normal circumstances, by being available to the needs of the congregation, such as visiting the sick, elderly, shut-ins, and nursing home residents within and from our congregation.
- Be involved in the community.
- Use individual gifts, talents, and skills to enhance the life of the church.
Education and Experience
- Preference given to a graduate of a Bible-based seminary and ordained or eligible for ordination in the Baptist faith; however, training for ministry in a seminary, Bible school, or equivalent may be considered.
- Is in agreement with the North American Baptist Statement of Beliefs and Code of Ministerial Ethics.
- Previous ministry experience a plus.
- Be a believer in and a preacher of the Gospel and of the basic doctrines of faith as traditionally held by Baptists.
- Other desired attributes include approachability and ability to relate to others.
We are open to a part-time pastor who is bi-vocational or semi-retired, although we have been in a yoked ministry with First Baptist Church of Goodrich (15 miles east) for a full-time position, if desired by the applicant. Both churches are currently searching.
101 4th Street, E McClusky, ND 58463 United States
Date Posted: March 17, 2021
Job Type: Part Time