Youth Pastor – First Baptist Church of Emery
First Baptist Church of Emery, South Dakota, is looking for a Minister of Youth.
If you have a desire to lead students to a meaningful relationship with Christ and live that in front of them, encouraging them to follow the same path, please contact us.
Primary duties include organizing and teaching at weekly youth meetings and bi-monthly Junior High meetings; planning and leading service projects, mission trips, and area outreach events for both age groups, and developing meaningful relationships with youth, volunteers, and parents.
First Baptist is a committed church with 150 to 180 people in attendance each week. Our youth ministry is made up of students from our church and youth from the surrounding communities. There are thirty to forty students in attendance on Wednesday nights meeting in our new youth facility. You can learn more about our church and the position at www.fbcemery.org.
If you are interested in this position, please email a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ministry position” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please include a summary of your walk with Christ and your philosophy of youth ministry.
Requirements and Qualifications
The youth pastor will work closely with the senior pastor and other leaders to help the congregation seek and follow God’s direction for the church, with special emphasis in the following areas of responsibility:
Youth (Primary Responsibility)
- Provide engaging biblical teaching to the Junior High and High School youth to win the lost, establish their faith, and strengthen their stand for Christ in their everyday lives.
- Work with existing volunteers, and recruit new volunteers, training, encouraging, and directing them to serve in all areas of youth ministry.
- Develop caring relationships with participating youth and their parents through meaningful communication, counseling, and community involvement.
- Reach out personally to non-participating youth and teach participating youth to do the same.
- Plan and lead youth meetings, area outreach events, service projects, and mission trips.
- Communicate clearly and consistently with youth, parents, adult volunteers, senior pastor, and deacon board regarding youth activities and the purpose of those activities.
- Agree with and agree to teach the North American Baptist Statement of Faith as found on the NAB website: www.nabconference.org.
- Work with the senior pastor to establish a focused and meaningful Sunday morning worship service.
- Participate in the preaching ministry as agreed upon by the senior pastor and deacon board.
- Provide leadership and direction to the ministry of Christian education, and work closely with the Christian education board chair.
- Meet with and give advice to the Christian education board.
- Mentor junior and senior high school students in the area of discipleship.
- Teach the high school Sunday school class on Sunday mornings.
- Serve as camp promoter by advertising camp, organizing registrations, and organizing transportation to and from camp.
- Be responsible for other duties as assigned by the senior pastor.
- Maintain yearly contact with students who have recently graduated.
- Be directly responsible to the senior pastor.
- Attend monthly deacon board meetings and report youth activity.
- 40–50 hours per week.
- Annual salary to be determined.
- Mileage reimbursement up to 500 miles per month at the South Dakota state rate.