Pastor of Worship Arts – West Meadows Baptist Church
The pastor of Worship Arts is responsible for creating compelling expressions of worship that glorify Christ so that people can experience his grace, truth, and love. This includes, but is not limited to, weekly Sunday morning worship services, seasonal programs (i.e., Christmas and Easter), and other opportunities to lead and equip people in creative expressions of worship. He or she will serve as a mentor and shepherd to the leaders and volunteers of these vital ministries while also managing the administrative responsibilities. This pastor will also oversee our Connect Groups (15%) that exist to foster deeper relationship within the congregation.
Requirements and Qualifications
Duties & Responsiblities
- Collaborate with the lead pastor and staff to plan engaging and spiritually enriching worship experiences that align with given themes and the church’s vision.
- Plan and lead the congregation in worship during services through a contemporary style of music that honours traditions.
- Create and oversee special services (i.e., Easter Sunday and Christmas Eve), which will include artistic elements, volunteer recruitment, rehearsals, and stage design.
- Recruit, train, and nurture talent to expand the worship team and ensure a cohesive, dynamic, and growing music ministry.
- Provide spiritual leadership, mentorship, and care within the church community, offering prayer, guidance, and fostering their growth in faith and ministry.
- Ensure administration is maintained, including volunteer scheduling, data tracking, CCLI reporting, and service planning.
- Ensure each Connect Group leadership team plans and executes events to draw new people into community at West Meadows.
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary education in music and theology (or proven equivalent).
- A minimum of two years musical team leadership is required.
- A statement of salvation and calling to pastoral ministry.
- Proficiency in ability to communicate theological principles through word and expressions of worship.
- Success in recruiting and mentoring musical volunteers in a church setting.
- Computer literacy – MS Office, Gmail, CCLI, Apple Computers, and Planning Centre Online (PCO).
- Maintain a cooperative team spirit, positive attitude, and servant’s heart regarding your job and towards the people with whom you work and serve.
- Minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- A relocation stipend is available for this.