Lead Pastor – Cascade Park Baptist Church
The lead pastor works in harmony with the staff and leadership team, understanding the beliefs, mission, values, and strategy of Cascade Park Baptist Church. The lead pastor’s primary responsibilities center on the tenets outlined in Ephesians 4:11–12 and 1 Peter 5:2–3. As lead pastor, he strives to glorify God by providing ministerial oversight through shepherding the flock in spiritual and relational growth by modeling what it looks like to love God and love people.
Requirements and Qualifications
Spiritual and Character Development
- Demonstrate a stable, mature Christian walk, reflecting the requirements of a pastor (1 Timothy 3:1–7; 2 Timothy 2; Titus 1:5–9).
- Exhibit the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22–23).
- Live out a commitment to prayer and the study of God’s Word.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge Preferences
- Prior involvement in ministry (paid or volunteer).
- Experience in preparing and preaching expository sermons.
- Ministry-related undergraduate, graduate (MDiv preferred), or other related training is desirable.
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- A strong composition of many or all the following: compassion, communication, creativity, shepherding, leadership, administration, teambuilding, and enthusiasm.
- Able to articulate ideas clearly with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Able to model servant leadership.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Devote significant time to studying the Word and prayer.
- Oversee the planning, organization, and implementation of all corporate services; prepare and deliver messages; lead in the observance of ordinances.
- Cooperate with other pastoral and paid staff to accomplish the church’s purpose in both discipleship and outreach.
- Oversee and coordinate with church leadership as they perform their assigned responsibilities.
- Serve as a resource person and advisor to the leaders of various church ministries and committees.
- Provide leadership in selecting, enlisting, and training qualified persons for church leadership.
- Coordinate the process of membership, termination of membership, and church discipline.
- Visit members and prospective members with the assistance of staff and ministry leaders.
- Provide biblical counsel, perform weddings, and conduct funerals.
- Prepare and administer an annual financial forecast (budget).
- Coordinate member meetings and the annual meeting.
- Agree to abide by the church’s constitution and by-laws.
- Education Level: minimum Bachelors, M Div. preferred.
- Experience: minimum of 5 years in ministry preferred.
- Doctrine aligns with biblical/NAB principles.
- Willing to join the NAB if not already a member.
- Location: willing to relocate if necessary.
- Administrative skills in project management and delegation of tasks.
- Familiar with YouTube (preferred) and other social media platforms.
- Pass a background check, including social media.
- Ability to work with staff, elders, committees, and the church body effectively.
Salary and Benefits Package
- Full-time salary
- Housing allowance (per IRS limits)
- Medical insurance, including vision and dental
- Life insurance premium reimbursement
- Matching retirement contribution
- Education reimbursement based on level education and years of experience
Interested in this ministry opportunity? Apply online by emailing your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Us: Our church of about 75–90 faithful attenders (local and online) is a family who support each other, with a commitment to our local community. We have many older saints who lead our church and are looking to expand our membership of younger couples and children. Our church is debt-free and owns the well-maintained building and grounds where we meet. The building is equipped with a commercial kitchen. The church is used during the week by a Christian preschool, a very well-attended AWANA program, women and men Bible studies, and a young adult ministry group. Unlimited Youth is our youth ministry, in which 6th–12th grade meet weekly. A bi-annual AutoBond helps to take care of our local single women’s vehicles, with oil changes, tire maintenance, and occasionally other needed work. The men meet weekly for breakfast and also have a monthly prayer breakfast at the church. The women meet monthly for lunch. We also have a monthly potluck. We like to break bread together! The church sends missionary support to several missions around the world and has a history of helping to plant new churches. We also partner with the local schools to supply clothing, food, and other needs throughout the year. At Christmas time, we partner with Samaritan’s Purse to send gift boxes to underdeveloped nations and help spread God’s love. Our pastor of over 30 years has left us to explore what God has planned for him. He served as our worship leader first before manning the pulpit, so we are also searching for a replacement in that area. We are looking forward to meeting the man God has prepared for our next chapter of ministry work. If you are interested in exploring the Vancouver, Washington, area, we suggest this video.