Senior Pastor – Faith Baptist Church
The senior pastor is a spiritual leader of the church and under-shepherd of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is recognised as an ordained elder who is uniquely called of God to full-time service and equipped with pastoral gifts for ministry within the congregation. The direction of the church shall rest with the senior pastor and the Board of Elders, acting in accordance with the direction of the membership.
Requirements and Qualifications
The senior pastor must:
- Be eligible for membership in Faith Baptist Church, including agreement with the statement of faith.
- Be a preacher of the Gospel and teacher of sound doctrine and the whole council of God as embodied in the Scriptures.
- Be a man of good standing who has a rapport with God, has an aptitude for this ministry, and displays the characteristics set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:5–9.
- Become an ordained elder of Faith Baptist Church as a part of his candidacy and hiring. This includes writing a doctrinal positional paper as determined by the Board of Elders.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- It is the duty of the senior pastor to occupy the pulpit and provide spiritual guidance and leadership to the church. In consultation with the Board of Elders, it is his privilege to invite to the pulpit, from time to time, those whom he believes can/will provide a valuable ministry to the congregation.
- He shall preach the Gospel, teach the Scriptures, administer the ordinances, and give leadership in organizing and developing the church for the best possible service in the Kingdom of God.
- His teachings shall reflect sound doctrines consistent with the Faith Baptist Church statement of faith and promote adherence to the standard of conduct set by Faith Baptist Church.
- He shall have administrative charge over all other pastoral/ministerial staff and direct ministerial staff and secretarial support. He will hold regular staff meetings to lead and foster growth in his staff.
- He shall chair the Church Ministries Board.
- He shall be responsible for overseeing both of Faith Baptist Church’s campuses.
- He shall be free to attend and participate ex-officio in the meetings of any board, committee, or church organization.
- He shall annually complete a personal performance review in cooperation with the Board of Elders.
- He shall annually complete associate pastors and executive assistants evaluations.
- He shall be available to give general biblical counselling.
- He shall provide enthusiastic leadership in evangelism.
- He shall provide leadership in visitation.
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and service.
- Be a steward of his professional development.
- Maintain Godly priorities in his home.
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Send resume to email@example.com
- Resume should include:
- A cover letter.
- Work and ministry experience.
- Level of biblical education.
- A minimum of three references (ministry, personal, and local church).
- Provide your personal statement of faith.
- A bachelors of Biblical Studies, Theology, or equivalent; masters of Biblical Studies, Theology, or Ministry preferred.
- Full-time ministry experience preferred.